Teton Valley Resource Directory
Please reach out to us at 208-354-0870 for additional assistance.
As an ever-changing and fluid resource, we ask you to help us keep this information current. If you see outdated or inaccurate information, please contact the Community Resource Center of Teton Valley at email@example.com with any suggested changes or additions.
Our Mission: To Change Lives Through the Power of Literacy
We define literacy as proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, listening, problem solving, and critical thinking.
Our Core Values:
- We prioritize individualized instruction through accessible programs, student centered learning, data driven instruction, and teacher reflection.
- We believe in providing authentic, personalized literacy learning experiences that lead to students’ and families’ success in classrooms, careers, and our community.
- We value comprehensive support for the entire family, understanding that we can make the most impact by working together with families to support their children’s literacy development.
- We value collaboration with our community and volunteers as a way to provide the highest level of services and expand our students’ world view.
Our Vision: A 100% Literate Community
A literate community is one in which members have the literacy skills necessary to not only function, but to thrive. In a 100% literate community:
- Every parent will have the knowledge, awareness, and skills to actively support their child(ren)’s education and literacy development.
- Every child will graduate and have the knowledge, skills, problem solving ability, and lifelong learning attitudes to become contributing members of our society.
- Every adult will have the knowledge, skills, awareness, and attitudes that enable them to envision, pursue, and achieve their goals.
Our Approach: We Focus on Family Literacy
We believe that a family literacy approach is the most effective way of achieving our vision of a 100% literate community.